Fact #985: A single piece of confetti is called a confetto (Italian for bonbon; related to the Latin ‘confectum’).

Historically, a ‘confetto’ was a small candy traditionally thrown during carnivals in Italy. The custom was adopted in England for weddings and other occasions but with symbolic tossing of paper.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/confetto

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: